Monday, February 20, 2012

Getting in gear!

I hate working out.  I hate the gym.  I don't like lifting weights.  Work out videos are stupid.

Before I had kids...sigh...
Although... I really do enjoy the various aerobics classes.  We are members of the YMCA, and when I was a stay at home mom, I'd take 1, sometimes 2, classes a day.  It gave me time to interact with adults, and my kids got to have some interactions of their own.

Baby Bump
Then I started working, and then I had my son... and getting to the gym was harder.

Thanks to being a nursing mother, I lost ALL my baby weight by the time J came home from the NICU at 10 days old (however, he was 6 weeks early, and I'd only gained 18 lbs...).


But it took several months to lose the inches - which is the hardest part.

I'd always been petite, but for the first time in my life, I had curves!

Now here I am, J is about to turn 4, and I'm feeling very self conscious about my body.


So for Christmas this year, my husband and I got ourselves a joint gift: a NordicTrack e5.7 Elliptical.  We got a great deal on it at Sears, worth the couple of weeks we had to wait on it.

While we waited for it, I started going back to the gym.  I usually would spend my time on the treadmill. But I decided to try it out.  Now, the ones they had at the gym are not like mine, and I couldn't really adjust it to fit my small frame (If it was possible, I didn't know how).  It had me nervous to get ours.

We decided to put it in our bedroom - keep it away from the kids.  I was afraid that it would be loud, because my husband works odd shifts, and sometimes sleeps in the mornings, sometimes in the afternoons.  But honestly, this thing is quiet!

I like that I can plug my iPod or iPad into it, listen to music or watch a movie.

It's also very comfortable and easy to use.  I was afraid of hurting my knees and shoulders with it (softball player of many years).  But it's not bad at all - the treadmill was more uncomfortable, and I didn't even realize it!

I've only had it a few weeks, and it did take a while to find my rhythm.  Once I figured it out, it was no problem.

I've slimmed up a bit in my 'trouble area', and looking forward to slimming up a bit more...

Now all I need is a new playlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment