Thursday, February 9, 2012

Game Night Traditions

I love board games.

Call me a dork if you want, but I love board games.

I'd rather play a game and talk, then just sit and talk. Because if the conversations become dry, they can be revived by the game. 

So why then am I the only one that ever wants to play games?  THEY'RE FUN!!!!

OK so here are a few of my favorite games:



Phase 10 has been a favorite for many years!  It's an easy game to learn, and it's can drive people crazy.    My husband works a crazy schedule, and I don't get to see him as often as I'd like.  So we started playing 1 hand a night.  So far - he's won every hand.  Jerk.  Our goal is to not only complete the game's set 10 phases, but the additional 10 phases that we found online. 





I Love The 80's is a game I bought last year.  I've played it a few times, and it's definitely easier to play with people who lived, even partially, in the 80's.  Playing with someone born in 1991 isn't as much fun....



Apples To Apples can be a lot of fun, with the right people.  I've played it where everyone is taking it WAY TO SERIOUSLY and you want to stop after one round.  But if you are a silly group, the game can get quite interesting...



Smart Ass.  It's a very simple game to play, but boy, the arguments that break out are hilarious!




 Telestrations is a game that we've recently discovered.  Again, it kinda depends on the people you're playing with. But it's a lot of fun, and can you can hear some very interesting explanations and back stories...
I never really got into Pente, when it was just Steve and I.  But when our kids became old enough to play with us, it became fun.  




Ahh Risk...  I have a love/hate relationship with this game.  I've been playing it with Steve for 12 years... and well, apparently I don't play it right.  Yet I always win... 

No comments:

Post a Comment