Monday, August 10, 2009

Maybe Next Year

Well, Birthdy celebrations didn't go as planned (do they ever?). We never did get to go out with my parents, or with our friends. There were no surprises planned. And out of almost 200 "friends" on Facebook, only a handful sent me a "happy birthday" message. But it was nice, my husband telling me happy birthday several times over the weekend, and my girls singing to me whereever, whenever they could. Flowers would have been nice, but I didn't need anything, my husband already gave me my gift a few weeks ago and it's great.

I'm trying to think of ways to better myself this year kind of like a New Year's resolution. I've decided that I want to read more, and I am. I was given a list of 100 books that the BBC thinks everyone should read. I've only read 30 - there are some that I am not interested in, but may at least attempt to read it. I find myself listening to alot of audio books. It's nice when I'm not really focusing on anything, like folding laundry or putting away dishes. It's great at work, too, when my boss is out of the office and I can listen to book, because it is hard to read while pulling staples out of 10+ year old papers.

I think my parent's dog is dying. Well, I know it's dying, but I think it's going to happen soon. They are out of town and we are puppy sitting, but he's not a puppy anymore. He's 13 (over 90 in dog years!) It's only been a few weeks since we'd seen him last, and he suddenly go old. He's now blind and doesn't have the fears or reflexes he use to (he would run from my kids, now he is letting them hold him!) Is it sad that I'm trying to take alot of video and photos of their time with the dog, because I don't think they will remember him. I have vague memories of my grandparent's dog, a black lab, who from when I was 3 or 4 - my dad holding my while I held the dog's leash and 'rode' on his back... I wish I had a picture of that... Oh to be a child again. I fear that losing the dog will take away part of their innosence...

JESUS, please prepare my family for the loss that we see will happen soon. Give us the words to say to comfort my children, who do not know of death. Keep the dog safe and healthy until my parents return, so that they my have proper goodbye to their beloved companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment