Monday, August 3, 2009

4 days and counting!

So Friday is my birthday. I suppose there comes a time when your birthday is no longer a big deal, but to me, it is.

My husband and I aren't great about the gifts that we give each other. on occasions such as this, because if we buy a gift, we tend to just give it after purchase. I'll get a phone call from my parents and grandparents, get some generic Facebook comments (I however send SuperPoke cakes!) and maybe my brothers will stop by.

Hubby has to work that night, and as far as I know hasn't arranged for a babysitter on Saturday, either. My girls are excited, because they think they are getting cupcakes again, like their birthdays. I prefer chocolate chip cookie cakes. Last year, Hubby actually went out and ordered me one from the cookie shop in the mall. It was so good, much better than the grocery store cookie cakes! For his birthday, which is 3 weeks after mine, I made him a giant sugar cookie cake. Maybe I'll do that again this year. I already have next year's big 3-0 party figured out...

I don't know why I feel like I need to do this, but I do. The past two years have been very difficult and emotional, and I've not really talked about it (not that anyone cared to listen). So maybe someone will read this silly little blog about my feeble attempts at making my year at 26 great, but maybe (probably) not.

No comments:

Post a Comment