Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lead me to You

Ok, so there is only 60 hours until I turn 26.
Today was not a good day. I honestly had a moment when I wanted to stand up and quit my job. I would have rather been at home with my family. I barely see my husband anymore – ships passing in the night. On the days that I work, he is up with the kids, and then when they go down to “nap” he goes to bed. The problem with this is that the girls don’t nap – they play, get out of their room and get into things. Sunday, for example, I went to the store and he was still up for a bit. When I came home, he was asleep and they had eaten the ‘Swiss Roll’ that my 4 year old got from her Sunday school class. (I think I’m going to ask them to not give my kids desserts and candy – I’ll donate stickers and bouncy balls and dollar-store prizes, but I’m sick of the junk that she comes home with every week!)
Today was no different – he was asleep and the kids were up playing – I was late getting home (3:30ish). It is my prayer that my husband gets a new job with higher salary, so that I don’t have to work or we could afford childcare (which is really expensive!) God has provided for us thus far, and kept our children safe and healthy; I know HE will continue to take care of us and our needs.
I’m not sure what it is, but I really felt like giving up today. I’m not special (except to my husband and kids, and that really is all that matters); I don’t have any amazing talents or fun hobbies; nothing that I have said has ever been all that original or mind-blowing; I’m just me, plain old me. I have made feeble attempts at starting a play group for my kids, but for whatever reason could never get anyone to come over. I’ve recently started a book club, and that has been successful, which made me very happy - I think I’m a bit too involved (writing chapter summaries and online discussions).
I know that I have a Lord and Savior who loves me even when I don’t deserve it, I have a husband who gives me his whole life, and children to who I can do no wrong in their eyes. I am blessed. And yet I feel that I am being attacked – something forcing me to lessening my self-esteem, to feel sorry for myself. I see it happening, and yet, I’m not sure what it is that I need to do. I will continue to search for the Light that is to be my guide. Lord, guide my eyes, guide my heart, guide my mind, guide my steps. Lead me to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment