Friday, August 7, 2009

The Day Has Arrived!

Ok, so here it it! My birthday has come and is just about gone. And today was pretty crummy. My son, just barely a year old, was sick today - tummy troubles, not waking up, fever, not eating or drinking anything. I called the doctor's office and at first the told me to wait it out the weekend. Tuesday, when the symptoms started, they told me to wait until Friday. Arg! he's better now, drinking milk, even though they told me not to give him milk (but it's all he'll drink).

We got a 'new' fridge today - we bought it used from a family from our church who are moving. It's fairly new and in decent condition. Our 'old' fridge was at least 22 years old (which is how long that this house has been in my family!) We figured that getting a newer, more energy efficient fridge might save a few bucks a month, and now we have more room in our fridge and the shelves on the door don't fall off either! :)

It didn't really feel like my birthday today. The kids were kids, my husband slept (he works 3rd shift) and I did my usual stuff - taking care of kids and dishes and laundry. We ordered pizza for dinner - that was a nice treat, since I usually make pizza myself, it's been a while since we ordered out.

My parents are coming back into town tomorrow, planning on taking us all out for dinner, then Hubby and I are going out to meet some friends. We haven't done that in ages! The last time I remember us going out with friends was just after Christmas, and my son was asleep in his car seat all through dinner. We've had separate girl and guys nights, but it's been over 6 months since our last double date!

It is my prayer that the next year be "better" than the last few. I see opportunities in our future, but not sure how or if to obtain them. I see may paths to follow, some that may join together, some that may change the course of my life as I know it. The problem is, as I approach them, I really don't see which really is the best way to go. What will lead me closer to GOD? What will lead my friends closer to GOD? What would push them away? What would be the best for my family? What would be the best for me? LORD, help me! JESUS! I cry out YOUR NAME! Lead me and I will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment