Saturday, September 10, 2011

Football season is here... sort of

My grandpa's a Patriot's fan. My dad's a Patriot's fan.  I'm a Patriot's fan.  By marriage my husband is a Patriot's fan, but he hates sports.  

Well, actually, he doesn't hate them anymore, and I cured him of 20+ years of abuse by his mother.  She loves sports, and regularly plays basket ball and softball, usually the only female playing.  She tried to get Steve into sports.  Nothing, nada, no way, never.  Until he joined my family.  

In college, one of my classes was to broadcast local high school football games (before BCSN took over).   For those of us getting 4 credit hours, we also worked at the University of Toledo home games, but would often need a few extra hands.  Steve offered to help (or he wouldn't see me all weekend in our first 6 months of marriage).  He was usually on the field pulling cords or holding mic's.  Football became our weekend tradition from then on.

It's been hard the last two years when we had to get rid of cable. We are so excited for the season to begin, but most of the games we want to watch are not shown on basic channels.  We were REALLY upset today when the OSU v. UT game was only shown on ESPN.  I mean, really, the local channels couldn't have sent a crew down themselves to broadcast the game - you have to show us infomercials?  Fail, epic fail.   And now he's watching the UofM v. ND game at my brother's while I'm home with the kids.  

Looking at the schedule for this season, my excitement is diminishing, because I'm not going to get to see the teams that I want... sigh... But at least I have the internet...

After watching the exchange between Gary Vaynerchuk and two adorable little boys, I asked my own kids what it would take for them to NOT be Patriots fans anymore.  Here is the crazy response from my kids (turn down your volume, my kids are LOUD)




If they're so easily swayed from Patriots, what would it take for them to change loyalty from OSU to Michigan?  AHHH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment