Sunday, September 18, 2011

Are we ready for some Football?

Soda? check. Lunch? check.  Desserts? check.  TV? darn it!

It's like a scene from a 1950's TV show - me, trying to position our HD Antenna so that the local stations will come in clearly.  We did have is positioned PERFECTLY so that every local station (NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, PBS & WLMB) came in flawlessly.  Then one of the kids knocked it over.

I spent 20 minutes adjusting the stupid thing; moving it to different parts of the room, changing the direction the antenna is facing.  The minute I'd get it working, as soon as I'd let it go, the screen would go blank again.  I really wanted to watch the Steelers game, but it's on Fox, and I can not get Fox to come in.  So I'm watching the Colts/Browns game, and it's kinda choppy, but I'm done messing with it.

"Rabbit Ears"

Money's tight, so we try not to spend money on things we don't really need.  We really don't watch much TV, so it's not that big of a deal to not have cable.  Sometimes I miss the Food Network, but that's about it. But we love football...

I'd like to be able to watch games on ESPN, or not be limited to what my local stations have chosen to broadcast.  I love going to visit my parents, because they have all the fun premium channels, including NESN - they can watch any Boston/New England game they want.  That would be awesome.  It's not even a option with my local cable provider.

I love having a lazy afternoon with my family.  We can sit here and fold some laundry, have some snacks, chit-chat about stupid stuff, kids running around playing, and be able to enjoy some all american fun.  And what could top my son screaming "go go go Touchdown" every play...

So even if I have to go out and adjust the stupid antenna every 10 minutes, nothing can beat the time that I'm spending with my family...

No comments:

Post a Comment