Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sometimes we just need a break...

I love my kids - they are polite, kind, funny, smart, and down right awesome!

But sometimes we all need a break, some time to ourselves.

Due to my husband's school and work schedule, we don't get as much time with him.  We see him in the morning and have breakfast together, we see him on the weekends, but that's about it.  So I'm 'single mom' Monday-Friday between 3:30 and bedtime.  Most days it's not a problem, we get everything done and we all go to bed happy.

But some days... not so much.  I generally conduct my business 9-3 Monday through Friday, and then after the kids go to bed until I can't stay awake any longer.  Unfortunately, I spend so much time with work and kids, there isn't any time left over for me.  And some days I just need a break.

I know, I know, I'm only able to be a good mom if I take care of myself first.  But that's a lot easier said than done.  I don't get to read for fun anymore, it's all for research.  So I'm very thankful for audio books, my entertainment while doing chores.  I'll don't know when I'll have time again to sit and read a book for enjoyment.  I don't watch that much TV,  just movies on the weekend with the kids.

I don't remember ever feeling this guilty before - I never wanted to be a working mom, let alone a business owner.  Does it ever get easier?

Regardless of how stressed I feel today, I know the hugs and love of my kids will knock me out of this funk...

Me and my crazy kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment