Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cleaning out the closet...

As I tried to get dressed for Church this morning, I looked through my closet.  And I felt unbelievably self conscious.

I don't feel comfortable in my body.  I've lost quite a bit of weight, and it was hard to do after having 3 kids.  My goal for 2012 is to run a 5K and 10K.  I haven't run long distance since junior high.

Most of the clothes that I have I bought either before having kids, or just after.  And now that I'm back to my high school weight, I don't have any clothes.  And I don't have the finances to buy new clothes.  So I walk around in clothes that are a size or 2 too big for me.  It's awkward and uncomfortable.

I was given a bit of spending money at Christmas, and I went and got a couple of new outfits for myself today.  So to make room for my new items, I'm cleaning out my old stuff.  I don't want to get rid of all of my large size items - saving them for when I do have another baby.

But then there are the other items - skirts that I bought because they were on sale and never had a top for.  Button down shirts that I wore after my shoulder surgery.  Items that people gave me because they didn't fit into them any more.  Dresses that were cute a few years ago, then are just not my style anymore.

I may keep the button down tops in with my maternity and post baby clothes.  But the rest of it, if I don't wear it, why keep it?

I kinda wish it was garage sale season, to see if I could sell some of it (we also recently cleaned out all of the toys they kids don't play with anymore).  I just want to get it out of here.

It's really nice to get rid of stuff...  I'm 18 months away from the big 3-0 and it's time to start looking the part...

No comments:

Post a Comment