Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More Snow Days

I feel like my kids are being cheated out of their education.

First the Common Core rubbish, now, excessive snow days.

They have been in school a whopping 8 days in the month of January.  It's really taking a toll on them; they're tired of being in the house, they miss their friends, they've read all their books (print and on the kindle), and the girls are almost 2 weeks ahead in their Bible Quizzing memorization.

I get it, today the high is -9… it's too cold to let the kids go to the bus stops or walk to school.  Yesterday we had a snow.  I'm not complaining that they shouldn't have canceled schools, I'm just saying, my kids are bored.

With me being on bed rest, I can't really entertain them the way I'd like to.  And I hate to have the TV or video games on all day.  They've done their computer games to practice math (which I hate, but what ever), and the printer is out of ink, so I can't print out any worksheets for them.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to stock up on some more activities… maybe even have them over-nighted from Amazon, just in case there is no school tomorrow, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment