Friday, January 3, 2014

New Years Resolutions?

I don't have any real "New Years Resolutions."  Something always happens and I fail.

Especially now with as sick as I've been, I'm not going to try anything too crazy.  I'd say "get healthier," but my doctor doesn't care what I eat or drink at this point, as long as I can keep it down.

With the birth of our 4th child coming however, I really want to try to be more frugal this year.

I coupon occasionally, when it's products that we'd regularly use.  I don't do the 'extreme coupon-ing' for major stocking up; I don't buy 12 newspapers and the thought of ordering coupons by mail is weird to be, but some people swear by it.   But I love reading coupons blogs to see what kind of deals I can get, if I could manage to get my hand on THAT many coupons…

Me and the Coupon Queen herself, Joni Meyer-Crothers at her book signing (FreeTastesGood.com)


I've started researching to make my own cleaning and beauty supplies… some other DIY things to save money.  

We thought about cloth diapers for the baby, but not sure how the childcare situation will be yet long term, and not everyone is a fan of cloth diapers.

I'm taking the pants that my daughters, which they had received from my cousins, and have grown to tall for (thank you elastic adjusted waistbands!) and turning them into skirts.  I don't have a wide variety of Maternity clothes, but I've found patterns to make my own… the catch is finding the energy to do it…

I know many moms who have started their own side businesses - crafts, skin care, etc.  But I'm not that crafty and you have to spend money and make a ton of products in hoping to sell a few.

I've tried to sit through those survey sites, too, but I never seem to qualify, so it's almost a waste of my time…

I have a Sam's Club Membership, I'd like to start doing more bulk meal preparations, but again, a lot of it has to do with time and energy…

So at this point, I'm just trying to cut as many corners as I can, trying to set money aside for things like Bible Quiz trips, and maternity leave.

What money saving tips are you using?  Any suggestions for me?





No comments:

Post a Comment