Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Germs Have Taken Over - And I've Waved The White Flag

My son has been sick of most of the last 4 weeks.  It's not been anything serious enough for the doctor to give him meds, but with a gross runny nose and fevers every other day, he's not been in preschool for almost a month.

When he finally got better, we sent him back.

And he brought home the flu.

And shared it with all of us.

So now is Day 5.  He got it first, then S, then me, then Steve, then E.

Now, 5 days later, Steve and I still aren't feeling well, while the kids are running around like maniacs!

We've Lysol, bleached, and steam cleaned EVERYTHING.  Which doesn't help my headache or nausea w/ the strong smells...

So I've embraced that I'm sick; I've used that time to focus on me.  I slept.  I watched movies.  I read 3 books on my Kindle.  (The Hunger Games Trilogy - I'll write a review later)


So here it is at day 5, and at least I'm out of bed and able to get some work done.  I suppose that's one of the benefits of working from home.

So while I sit writing, my hubby is resting on the couch, and my son is kicking butt on Wii Bowling.  Maybe tomorrow everything will go back to normal.  Today, I'll enjoy some quite time.




No comments:

Post a Comment