Thursday, May 10, 2012

Trying to put a fresh face forward

I had a woman come up to me (someone I know, but not well) and say "I have something for you".  She wrote down the name of a skin care product, and told me "I used this when I was younger, and it worked miracles for my zits - you should try it".  I politely smiled and said 'Thank You'.

I'd used this product once.  It burned my face after that one use.

It's been very difficult for me the last few years.  I never really had a problem with acne as a teen, but after I started having kids it's gotten worse.

And it's EMBARRASSING!

I've tried every product that I can afford, and nothing is really making an impact on the problem.  I'm adjusting my diet, but even then, I still don't see anything changing.

I hate make-up, I just don't feel comfortable when I wear it because I have to have it caked on to hide the problem.

I want to look presentable, but this is getting out of control.

What do I do?

1 comment:

  1. I've been using Tretinoin and clindamycin as topical creams and while it did burn the first time I used them, the burning stopped after the first two times and it's never happened again. My skin cleared up within weeks. I've had terrible skin since jr. high (which you know :)) My skin has never looked better. If you haven't tried them, you should- it was amazing the difference, I have people tell me how great my skin looks now.
    I started seeing a dermatologist in P-burg and love it there. http://dermatologyassociatesohio.com/
    <3 Steph Austin (Brown)

    ReplyDelete