Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wearing Many Hats

  • Wife
  • Mother  
  • Daughter
  • Sister
  • Friend  
  • Maid  
  • Chef
  • Dry Cleaner
  • Nurse
  • Chauffer
  • Teacher
  • Student
  • Entrepreneur 

This is probably an incomplete/generic list, but I'm exhausted just looking at it.  


One of the hardest things that I have to deal with during any given day is managing my time.  I've been falling asleep at 9:45 every night - partially from my meds and being ill, partially because it's non stop all day.  

Most days, I wake up at 6:30, get my kids up and ready for school and out by 8.  Then I'm out of the house:  Meetings, networking, research, writing... Then the kids get home at 3 and then I'm helping with homework, reading, cooking, kid's baths, bed.  Then I reply to a few emails, a little bit more research and writing then I crash.  

I think the thing about being a working mother is even though we all know we need to take time for ourselves, we don't.  I don't make time for me, or get together with friends like I use to.  I don't read for enjoyment, only for education.  I don't go to the spa any more, I'm back to my natural color and will probably keep it that way for a very long time.  

It's funny; in business I need an accountability partner to help me make sure I'm staying on track.  Perhaps I need someone to help me to do the same for myself personally.  I don't get it from my husband as often as I use to, I barely see him any more (work, school, work, sleep... poor guy, he needs some alone time too).  

Well, perhaps now that it is written, it will be.  Probably not.  All I can say is - do as I say not as I do, and take some time for you - your business and family need you, and you can't function without focusing on you every once in a while.  


No comments:

Post a Comment